In this post, how to setup a Cloudfront Distribution with an S3 Origin that is locked down to only allow an Origin Access Identity. I grabbed a cheap domain to play with, funnily enough pail.live was available, so this example is based around that domain. By default, when one hosts static content from a bucket, even if utilising Cloudfront, the content is still directly accessible via the S3 endpoint URL, it has to be publicly accessible to provide global unauthenticated read access so as to allow Cloudfront in.
In this series of posts, I run through the process of aggregating logs with Wildfly, Filebeat, ElasticSearch and Kibana. In this post, I install and configure Filebeat on the simple Wildfly/EC2 instance from Log Aggregation - Wildfly. Now that we’ve got our really simple application up and running producing some log output, it’s time to get those logs over to the ElastisSearch domain. For the purpose of shipping logs from instances to ElasticSearch I’ve been involved with a project where we’re using Logstash to do this task.
In this series of posts, I run through the process of aggregating logs with Wildfly, Filebeat, ElasticSearch and Kibana. In Log Agrgegation - ElasticSearch & Kibana I went through creating the ElasticSearch domain but now we need to create some logs to play with. For this post, I setup a simple Wildfly instance with a basic Java application to produce some logs. I have provisioned a simple EC2 instance with Wildfly and deployed a really simple application to it.
In this series of posts, I run through the process of aggregating logs with Wildfly, Filebeat, ElasticSearch and Kibana. In this post, I setup an ElasticSearch domain, which also comes with Kibana. AWS have provided ElasticSearch and Kibana as a managed service, known as Amazon Elasticsearch Service, which takes care of the infrastructure by managing failed nodes etc, meaning a significant chunk of the complexity is taken out of it.